Thursday, October 17, 2013

I finished this baby quilt in August for my niece's baby Eligh.  Venturing more into more solids and less prints.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Finally - WIP update

I have a good handful of WIP's....It's really frustrating to see all the finished works of many blogs that I follow and all the work they get to finish and post.  Well, I've decided I'm not going to judge myself based on other people's accomplishments.  I will make progress and (try to) not give myself a hard time.  I'm trying... really.

The reason for this post (besides actually posting something!) is that I recently accomplished a WIP that's been lurking around for a couple years!  I wanted to make a wedding gift for my good friends Cindy and Scott.  The quilt top was no problem but because it was bigger than anything I had ever made it's taking me two years to finally get it quilted!  I used "Harley" at Sew Modern (in Los Angeles) and really like my results.  I took these pictures before I trimmed it down. Now it's awaiting the binding!  It's still a WIP but I feel good that I've made progress.  Yay me!

Picking out the fabric for the binding tonight from all my scraps above.  Then more WIP's to be posted soon!
The tutorial I used for my quilt blocks is a pattern from Film in the Fridge's website found here:

Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's been WAY too long since I updated this blog.  I'll post some of the things I've been working on since last year very soon!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stefani and Travis' baby quilt.  The baby's room is painted avocado but they aren't finding out the sex (such patience!).  I used Kate Spain's Fandango charm squares and Kathy Mack's Moda Bakeshop pattern (very easy) called "Line Dance".

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Habitat Challenge Back done!

And the back....Frank Lloyd Wright inspired...

Habitat Challenge Front DONE!

And DONE!!
After all that obsession on the top and finally after a love/hate thing with it, I was able to piece the back in no time and fell in love....I used the same grey's that I used on the front as well as a few of my fav's of the habitat line....and added some slate grey on the side....