Monday, August 29, 2011

Moody Blues Bee - September 2011

It's my month for the Moody Blues bee to pick a pattern and ship out fabric! I had a hard time with this one because I want to make a quilt for my father-in-law but he only really likes BLACK or all things Hawaii. So I found some cool print fabric and decided on some solids and lots of black. Then the pattern stumped me. I didn't want anything too structured but after tossing and turning many a night I decided on a Wonky Log Cabin w/some curvy lines. And after many more sleepless nights I decided I didn't want to do that to my fellow bee ladies. So I'm giving them a choice. Either a slightly wonky log cabin like this:
















OR to make a Log Cabin with curvy lines like this:
















I only want my fellow bee-mates to do the wavy lines if they feel confident to do it. They aren't the easiest to do w/out practice (wavy lines). So for the blocks I'm referring them to the following sites for a tutorial.

Wonky Log Cabin:
http://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/2008/04/for-dana-wonky-log-cabin-block-tutorial.html

Wavy lines tutorial:
http://swimminginbrine.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-sew-wavy-lines.html

The fabric is all cut and packaged...yippee! Shipping packages out tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment